Bahar’s Infrastructure practice group is nationally preeminent and was specifically created to address the needs of domestic and international users and providers of Utilities and Energy as well as Transportation services in toll roads, railways, airports & aviation, and seaports & maritime.
The group is well experience at preparing concession, project financing, aircraft financing, join venture agreement and etc. Our relationship with the government and other related authorities in the industry are long-standing and strong.
In recent years, Bahar has been recognized by AsiaLaw Profiles as “Highly Recommended Firm in Shipping, Maritime, and Aviation” and “Aviation Firm of the Year 2016” by the ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL.
We advise a broad range of companies and individuals on all their aviation needs. Our aviation clients include leading airport operators, airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft parts manufacturers, industry organizations, aircraft owners, charter operators, and other companies with aviation interests. We are well experienced at preparing and negotiating concession and joint venture agreements, aircraft financing, tender documents, etc.
Our airport & aviation practice lawyers have helped create and continue to support key industry organizations in the country such as the Indonesian Air Law Society, INACA, IATA, AMROI, and etc. Our notable airport-aviation projects, among others:
Airlines & Lessors
- Represented a major airline company in Indonesia, in a case examined by the courts of Indonesia related to the crash of its airplane.
- Advised an Indonesian aviation company in relation to its bankruptcy matters.
- Represented various Indonesian and foreign airline companies in their court tribunals, passenger claims and arbitration proceedings.
- Represented various airline companies in their court tribunals, passenger claims and arbitration proceedings.
- Advised a Leasing company with respect to its plan to execute its IDERA.
- Advised an Indonesian airline company with respect to spin off transaction of its operation division.
- Advised an Indonesian airline company in relation with consortium agreement.
Represented an international law firm for air transport insurance specialists and other international law firm based in the United States in assisting with their client’ law suits in Indonesia.
- Represented an Indonesian aerospace company with core competence in aircraft design, development and manufacturing of civilian and military regional commuter aircraft) in general aviation and contract matters, and a domestic arbitration proceeding.
- Advised a world’s leading technologies inventor and manufacturer in preparing a deposition related to an aircraft crash in Indonesia before Illinois court, the USA.
- Assisted a global Airports integrator in relation to its cooperation with Indonesian state owned company engagein the business of airport services for the operation of certain airports.
- As Indonesian counsel to an Indonesian company in relation to its business dealings in Indonesia, including its plan to develop an airport in East Kalimantan.
- Advising an Indonesian aviation service company in relation to their plan to invest in airport projects in Batam and Palu - Indonesia.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of airport services in relation to its various aspects of business operation includes assisting them with respect to a tender process for the procurement and installation of Jakarta Automated Air Traffic Control System 2 (JAATS-2).
- Advising the Government of Indonesia andIndonesian state owned company engage in the business of airport services in relation to the privatization plan of Soekarno-Hatta airport in Jakarta.
- Acted as an Indonesian legal counsel to an airport development company in Canada in relation to cooperation on the development of an airport regulatory framework and tender process for the re-development of Juanda Airport in East Java.
- Assisting a Japanese consortium in relation to their cooperation with Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of airport services for the operation of certain airport.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of airport services with respect to tender process for the procurement of Automated People Mover System (APMS).
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of airport services with respect to its plan to develop Kualanamu International Airport with its strategic partner.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of airport services with respect to its plan to develop some of its airports with its strategic partners.
- Assisted and represented Indonesian aviation company with respect to its plan to develop its special airport in Bintan,
- Assisted and represented Indonesian aviation service company on its Acquisition Plan of a Hotel in an airport area.
- Advising a foreign group company related to its plan to operate an airport in Indonesia.
- Advised New Zealand’international business development agency with respect to its Airport Business Potentials Report.
We advise and assist our clients with regard to their investment plans, joint venture schemes, as well as legal issues pertaining to the development of seaports and shipping in Indonesia. Our notable seaport-maritime projects, among others:
- Provided advice on general corporate matters to Indonesian company which operates a general port in cooperation with Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of port service.
- Advised Indonesian group company in relation to its cooperation with Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of port service for the development and operation of a seaport in Sumatera.
- Advised container terminal company on certain issues arising from its joint venture with Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of port service.
- Advised a foreign company and its subsidiary in Indonesia in its general operational matters.
- Assisted certain investors in the acquisition of an Indonesian bulk terminal company which owns and operates a coal terminal in Kalimantan in cooperation with Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of port service.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of port service with respect to its plan to establish an investment company.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of port service with respect to the development of the new sea port container terminals.
- Advised an Indonesian company with respect to amendment of its Articles of Association.
- Advised and Represented an Indonesian company with respect to a barge incident dispute.
- Advised an Indonesian company with respect to its Debt Restructuring plan.
- Advised an American law firm on a Maritime High Level Due Diligence.
- Advised and Represented an Indonesian state owned company on its acquisition plan of a shipping company.
We advise and assist our esteemed clients on preparing bidding documents, negotiating financial support arrangements, preparing joint venture agreements, preparing and negotiating concession agreements with the Government, etc. Our notable toll road projects, among others:
- Assisted and advised sharia banks of the First Syndicated Islamic Financing (Murabahah scheme) for infrastructure project in Indonesia to a concession holder of Soreang – PasirKoja Toll Road.).
- Assisted and advised Indonesian company of its acquisition of the longest toll road in Indonesia (Cikampek-PalimananToll Road).
- Advised and represented Indonesian company of its renegotiation and amendment of its Toll Road Agreement (PPJT) with the Government.
- Assisted a consortium of private companies in negotiating a cooperation agreement for the reclamation project with the local government of East Borneo.
- Advising Indian company related on the Client’s plan for having cooperation in the goods procurement (city lighting) with the Regional Government of Bandung City.
- Assisted and advised Indonesian company of its acquisition of Kanci-Pejagan Toll Road and Pejagan-Pemalang in Indonesia
We advise railway related company clients on regulatory, corporate, tender process, land/asset utilization, and operational matters, as well as preparing concession and joint venture agreements. We proudly say that we were involved in the first LRT project in Indonesia worth for 29,9 Trillion Rupiah, representing PT Kereta Api Indonesia (Persero). Our other railways projects, among others:
- Advised and assisted Indonesian company in reviewing agreements related to the station design of MRT in Jakarta.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of railroad system in relation to its various aspects of business operation.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of airport services in the procurement of the Automated People Mover System – Rolling Stocks at Soekarno–Hatta International Airport, Indonesia.
- Provided Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of railroad system a Legal Opinion related to the Assignment of Light Rail Transit (LRT) in Jabodebek Area by the president to the company.
- Advised Indonesian company in cooperation with China Railway Group in the bidding phase for PurukCahu-Bangkuang Railway Project with the Provincial Government of Central Kalimantan.
- Advised Indonesian state owned company engage in the business of railroad system with respect to its cooperation agreements with the Indonesian Ministry and the Indonesian contractor on its LRT project.
Power Supply - We offers legal services in power plant projects, in which we have worked on and assisted various power projects in all phases of power project development (development, construction, project financing, up to the operational phase of the power plant).
Water Treatment and Supply - Our group provides legal service and assistance in helping clients to understand the water treatment and supply regulations, finding the best cooperation structure and assist in the transaction process, drafting cooperation agreements and other relevant documents.